Emissco is part of the Klarius Group of Companies; a £35M business employing 275 people, located in Stoke on Trent. We specialise in automotive manufacturing, supplying parts across UK and EU via distributers.
Emissco Fluids Division is a leading manufacturer and supplier of aerosols and fluids for the automotive industry & other sectors. Additionally, Emissco also manufacture & distribute AdBlue to customers across the UK. Based in Staffordshire, the business operates a purpose built production facility producing a variety of automotive aerosols / fluids, AdBlue, including specialising in Toll Manufacturing.
Emissco is a recent start-up company, and with a growing order book we are looking to expand our team, and there is scope for the successful individual to grow with the business.
We are seeking to recruit a multi-skilled person, with production engineering experience to help to maintain and improve our production equipment & processes as our business grows.
Responsible for implementation of production processes and procedures, leading productivity improvements with project based activities, including new product introduction and manufacturing cell design to reduce waste, improve quality and safety, and reduce operating costs.
Manage KPIs and ensure preventative actions are taken to maximise success. Work on projects with manufacturing team to reduce downtime, improve facility, and reporting to Senior Management.
Working closely with our Technical Manager, full training will be given and there is scope for this person to progress in the company with our growth.
The role will include responsibilities such as:
Maintain manufacturing equipment
- Support new product development & introduction
- Supervise external maintenance equipment/project
- Project management
- Health & Safety
- Business improvement / Waste elimination
- KPI reporting
- Training line operatives
- Identify manufacturing needs for new products
- Assist with shop floor layout and work cell improvements
- Process improvement – lead CI activities, including 5S & workplace organisation, and waste reduction
- Problem solving – lead problem solving activities using process improvement techniques
- Maintenance – Maintain equipment to maximise uptime and keep lines running
- Maintenance – Respond to breakdowns and report downtime & trends
- Maintenance external – Oversee repairs and installation of machinery by sub-contractors
- Health & Safety – manage safety systems and improvements, working closely with H&S Officer
- Training & developing team members to help run equipment efficiently
- Customer liaison & support, working with sales team and other teams in business
- Generating production process documentation and instructions
- Designing fixtures and working with suppliers to design/build
- Carry out FMEA’s working closely with Quality Manager & Team.
- Attend meetings and communicate instructions, update on projects
- Train operatives within own work area
- Liaise with other departments and be an effective team member
- Manufacturing operations, ideally fluids technology
- Maintenance of manufacturing equipment (electrical, pneumatic, mechanical)
- Engineering & Technology
- Health & Safety related to fluids manufacturing
- Customer service
- Production planning
- IT systems and Manufacturing planning systems
- CAD experience would be advantageous
- Automotive Industry experience
- FMEA creation & updating
- Problem solving tools and techniques
College level 5/ HND/Higher qualification in relevant engineering or science discipline.
- 2-3 Years’ experience in engineering and/or manufacturing environment.
- Liquid / Fluid manufacturing experience would be highly advantageous
- Experience of Aerosol production, products & working with solvents
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£31,000.00 per year
To apply for the position please click Apply Now below to email your CV along with a brief covering letter. If you don’t have a CV please say a bit more about your past work experience and how you fit our job brief. Please include your mobile phone number. We will get back to you within 48 hours.